Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mouth watering cheese cheese cheese

 

         I decided for Valentine's Day dinner to make savory crepes.  When we didn't finish them all, I was stuck with a plate full of eggy, thin pancakes that needed eating.  So for breakfast I made baked ricotta, mixed with a tablespoon or so of sour cream and a touch of maple syrup, and berry syrup.  
          As delicious as that was, it was a bit high-brow for my pack of young eaters, so the next morning, I still had 3/4 of a pie plate full of baked ricotta.  Howls were heard through the house as the two big kids struggled to be ready for the bus on time and have breakfast in their bellies.
          The solution?
          Cheesecake-like ricotta spread on toaster waffles and drizzled with local syrup.
           Delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment